Friday, April 22, 2016

Alozie Onyirioha Title: Point and kill, kunu koko burkutu fito fura da nono kunun samiya kunun zaki zobo ngwo Medium: Straw size: 420cm x 960cm, 2015.


The work Point and kill, kunu koko burkutu fito fura da nono kunun samiya kunun zaki zobo ngwo with size 420cm x 960cm, made from straw 2015.  A language regularly used at drinking joints for selecting life catfish which is then prepared for the buyer; try to humor the hazards life of call girls posed in different height, different colour and posture.

 WORK DISCUSSION
 My eagerness to explore and augment a kind of weaving technique which I use frequently on polythene bags directed my attention to straws.
Straws precisely small, commonly used by consumers of drinks, but cannot be said to constitute environmental dangers became fascinating. It is very motivating to say that at the point of collection I can tell who used it, what product it was used for, at what occasions the straw will be found and at what seasons I will be getting straws, every story and activities that happened to the straw hits me at that point.
All these I feel I am investigating using the straw materials, place and the lives of people assumed to have used it. I weave together the story and retell it through art. I am trying to bring in a little humor while celebrating the presented colours as it has shown in the work. 

No comments: